SCSN Early Warning Seismography Stations
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- SCSN Early Warning Seismography Stations
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The United States Geological Survey (USGS), on behalf of the Southern California Seismic Network requests a "right-of-way" to be granted to build an Earthquake Early warning station consisting of two small structures. This would be initiated with a Right of Entry Permit and the proposed sites have been located to avoid culturally sensitive areas with an on-site field review for cultural resources. The proposed Octillo Wells SVRA sites and the Heber Dunes SVRA site are located within State Park property and will consist of two small structures connected by an underground one and a half inch (1 1/2") PVC conduit. Structure 1 will the solar array, backup power, satellite tracking receiver/antenna and a radio for real time data transfer. The array is approximately seven to eight feet (7'-8') above ground and the concrete support columns are eight inches (8") in diameter and up to 6 feet deep. There will be a distance of twenty-five feet (25') between structure 1 and structure 2. The diameter of the structure 2 vault below ground is four feet (4') and the concrete would be 5 feet and it would be placed in an excavation four feet (4') deep. It would be six feet (6') wide above ground and one foot (1') above grade. The total size of the station and work area would be approximately fifteen feet by forty feet (15'x40') plus the additional construction approach area at Octillo Wells SVRA would be determined by the State Park Environmental Scientist. Construction will take approximately one week at each site and subsequent visitation will be approximately once per year. State Parks will initially grant a Right of Entry Permit with the intetion to finalize an easement after project construction.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (760) 767-1302
- Imperial San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Specific actions necessary to prevent or mitigate an emergency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.