AOC 3 Interim Measure Workplan - General Chemical Corporation Bay Point Works
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- AOC 3 Interim Measure Workplan - General Chemical Corporation Bay Point Works
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- An Interim Measure Workplan (IMW) for area of concern (AOC) 3 at the General Chemical Corporation Bay Point Works (General Chemical) site located in Bay Point, California to excavate and dispose of approximately 133 cubic yards or approximately eight truckloads (16 round trips) of sodium hydroxide (NaOH) impacted, caustic soils (pH levels greater than 10) to an off-site permitted facility. Additionally, 150 yds 3 of clean soils will be imported to backfill the excavated areas to existing ground level. The concerns are the potential for direct exposure to their employees and AOC 2 remediation workers, increased potential for leaching into groundwater, and storm water runoff into the adjacent Suisun Bay.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Brownsfield and Environmental Restoration Program 700 Heinz Avenue, Suite 200
Berkeley, CA 94710-2721
Phone : (510) 540-3826
- Contra Costa
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15330, Class 30
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is a cleanup action to be taken to prevent, minimize, stablilize, mitigate, or eliminate the release or threat of release or hazardous waste or hazardous substances.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.