Sulphur Creek Mining District, Wide-Awake Mine Material Removal; Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2013-0195-R2
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Sulphur Creek Mining District, Wide-Awake Mine Material Removal; Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2013-0195-R2
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is limited to the installation of one at-grade stream crossing through an ephemeral drainage on the west side of the Wide Awake mine, the replacement of a culvert, the removal of approximately 58 cubic yards of mine related material from the bank of an unnamed tributary to Sulphur Creek. Work will be restricted to the dry season (April 1 through October 15), when no water is expected to be in the ephemeral drainages. After work is complete, any areas temporarily disturbed by project activities will be restored and re-contoured to pre-existing conditions. The purpose of the dam will be to trap sediment, if necessary, after the mine material has been removed from the stream channel. The sediment dam will remain in place for up to a maximum of five years.
- Contact Information
David G. Brown
California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 2
Northern Central Region 1701 Nimbus Road, Suite A
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Phone : (916) 358-2953
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project will involve a minor/temporary alteration to land and will not affect any listed species or sensitive habitat.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.