Semitropic Groundwater Conversion Program or Semitropic Land Retirement Program
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Semitropic Water Storage District
- Document Title
- Semitropic Groundwater Conversion Program or Semitropic Land Retirement Program
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Semitropic Water Storage District proposes to purchase agricultural lands overlying the groundwater basin with the intent to retire said lands to reduce the demand upon the local groundwater basin. This project will benefit the landowners within the Semitropic Water Storage District.
- Contact Information
Semitropic Water Storage District
1101 Central Avenue
Wasco, CA 93280-0877
Phone : (661) 748-5113
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 15313, 15325; 15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project entails the purchase of property with the intent to reduce the demand upon the groundwater basin and preserve such land for possible future use for the benefit of the District. It can be seen with certainty that there is no possibility that acquisition of these lands has the possiblity to have a significant effect on the environment, because, the lands will be retired from irrigated agriculture, thereby reducing demand on local groundwater resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.