San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Amendments to Rule 4308 (Boilers, Steam Generators, and Process Heaters---0.075 MMBt
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Document Title
- San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Amendments to Rule 4308 (Boilers, Steam Generators, and Process Heaters---0.075 MMBt
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- U/hr to less than 2.0 MMBtu/hr) This is a rule amendment project to amend existing District Rule 4308. Rule 4308 applies to boilers, steam generators, and process heaters 0.075 MMBtu/hr to less than 2.0 MMBtu/hr. The purpose of this rule amendment project is to fullfil a commitment in the 2012 PM2.5 Plan which will contribute to the Valley's progress towards attainment of federal air quality standards for PM2.5 and ozone by reducing NOx, which is a precursor for both PM2.5 and ozone. The proposed amendments include: lowering the oxides of nitrogen (NOx) limit for natural gas fired instantaneous water heaters 0.075---0.4 MMBtu/hr from 55 ppmv; clarify that rule also limits CO emissions; add a definition for the following terms: Environmental Protection Agency, hot water pressure washer, and South Coast Air Quality Management District; add an exemption for hot water pressure washer; clarify section 6.2.3 that the SCAQMD protocol NItrogen Oxides Emission Compliance Testing for Natural Gas-Fired Water Heaters and Small Boilers is only applicable to natural gas fired units.
- Contact Information
San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
1990 E. Gettysburg Avenue
Fresno, CA 93726
Phone : (559) 230-6000
- Fresno Kern Kings Madera Merced San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is an amendment to existing rule 4308 (boilers, steam generators, and process heaters---0.075 MMBtu/hr to less than 2.0 MMBtu/hr). District staff concludes that there is no substantial evidence in the whole record before the District that the proposed amendments to Rule 4308 would cause any adverse effects on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.