Rural Road Erosion Control Assistance Program
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Cruz County Resource Conservation District
- Document Title
- Rural Road Erosion Control Assistance Program
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This program works with local landowners and road associations to implement the Best Management Practices on rural roads and private and public lands in the San Lorenzo River Watershed. The BMP's focus on improving water quality by decreasing erosion and reducing sediment loads. These projects will result in a decrease in sediments and other road induced pollutants in waterways. The rural road BMPS to be implemented include access road improvement (outsloping, critical dips, and rolling dips), structures for water control (inlet/oulet protection and ditch relief culverts), and installation of trash tracks, repairs and maintenance to existing culverts, and critical area planting/vegetative erosion control. The stormwater BMP's to be implemented include rain catchment, rain gardens, swales and infiltration techniques.
- Contact Information
Santa Cruz County Resource Conservation District
820 Bay Avenue, Suite 128
Capitola, CA 95010
Phone : (831) 464-2950
- Santa Cruz
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Class 1, 3, 4, 33; 15301, 03, 04
- Reasons for Exemption
- , 33 None of the activies will have a significant effect on sensitive areas or resources. The projects are on public and private property, will not have a negative effect on protected species habitat, and will not include wetlands restoration or disturbance. All of the projects are determined to not have a significant effect on the environment and therefore shall be exempt from the provisions of CEQA.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.