Environmental Fund Project---Bus Transportation from the Chula Vista Elementary School District to the Living Coast Discovery Center for the Coastal Education P
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Diego Unified Port District
- Document Title
- Environmental Fund Project---Bus Transportation from the Chula Vista Elementary School District to the Living Coast Discovery Center for the Coastal Education P
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Program The proposed project is to fund transportation from the Chula Vista Elementary School District to the Living Coast Discovery Center for the Coastal Education Program for a total of three years. Through use of funds from its Environmental Fund, the District will fund the bus transportation of elementary grade strudents to visit the Living Coast Discovery Center and attend a hands-on Coastal Education Program. The project will reach over 2,240 kindergarten through 8th grade students annually or over 6,700 students over 3 years. Half of those students are from low-income neighborhoods.
- Contact Information
San Diego Unified Port District
Land Use Planning Department 3165 Pacific Highway
San Diego, CA 92101
Phone : (619) 686-6598
- Chula Vista
- San Diego
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is determined to be exempt pursuant to California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines Section 15061(b)(3) (General Rule Exemption) and Section 4 of the District's Guidelines for Compliance with CEQA because the project proposes the implementation of a temporary bus transportation program that will run along existing streets and will result in no significant effects on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.