Sandia National Laboratories, Class 1* Permit Modification to amend the Closure Plan for the Drum Compactor and Solid waste Compactor
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Sandia National Laboratories, Class 1* Permit Modification to amend the Closure Plan for the Drum Compactor and Solid waste Compactor
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Sandia submitted the Permit Modification to DTSC on June 18, 2013. Sandia is requesting authorization to modify the Closure Plan to allow two Drum Compactor Units to be decontaminated and recycled as scrap metal at an authorized facility rather than disposing them as hazardous waste at a landfill as the current Closure Plan delineates. The purpose of the closure of these two units is that Sandia has determined the units are no longer needed by the facility due to the decrease of hazardous and mixed waste produced due to the facilities waste minimization program. The units will not be replaced nor will new units be installed in their stead. The faciity intends to clean close the units in an 8 month period of time.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
700 Heinz Ave, Suite 200
Berkeley, CA 94710
Phone : (510) 540-3933
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not result in a change in any of the physical conditions within the area affected by the project, including land, air, water, minerals, flora, fauna, ambient noise, and objects of historic or aesthetic significance.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.