Santa Barbara County Single-Use Plastic Bag Ban Ordinance
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Santa Barbara County
- Document Title
- Santa Barbara County Single-Use Plastic Bag Ban Ordinance
- Document Type
- EIR - Draft EIR
- Document Description
- The proposed ordinance would regulate the use of paper and plastic carryout bags within the geographical limits of unincorporated Santa Barbara County. The ordinance would prohibit the free distribution of single-use carryout paper and plastic bags; and require retail establishments to charge customers for paper bags at the point of sale. Regulated retail establishments would be allowed to sell reusable bags or distribute them free of charge. The ordinance sets the minimum charge for paper bags at ten cents. Plastic carryout bags defined in the ordinance as any bag made predominately of plastic derived from either petroleum or biologically-based sources.
- Contact Information
Carlyle A. Johnston
Santa Barbara County Public Works Dept.
Resource Recovery & Waste Mgmt. Div. 130 E. Victoria Street, Suite 100
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Phone : (805) 882-3617
- Santa Barbara
- State Highways
- Hwy 1, 101, 135, 154, 166, 246
- Santa Barbara, Santa Maria
- Santa Maria R., Santa Ynez R., SIsquoc R., Cuyama R.
Notice of Completion
- Review Period Start
- Review Period End
- Development Type
- Other (Countywide plastic bag ban ordinance)
- Local Action
- Project Issues
- Air Quality Biological Resources Cumulative Effects Drainage/Absorption Growth Inducement Hydrology/Water Quality Public Services Sewer Capacity Solid Waste GHGE
- Reviewing Agencies
- California Air Resources Board (ARB) California Department of Fish and Wildlife, South Coast Region 5 (CDFW) California Department of Parks and Recreation California Department of Transportation, District 5 (DOT) California Regional Water Quality Control Board, Central Coast Region 3 (RWQCB) Department of Water Resources Resources Agency Resources, Recycling and Recovery California Native American Heritage Commission (NAHC)
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.