The San Diego Unified School District (District) proposes to install five marquee signs at five different schools within the school district. The Marquee signs would either be 5x9ft (foot) or 6x10ft, covered with lexon, internally luminated with electronic red color text, and either mounted on two poles in landscaping or against existing concrete masonry walls. The marquee signs would range approximately 40' to 143' in distance from edge-of-sidewalk to edge-of-sidewakk. The freestanding marquee signs will be duouble sided and the wall mounted marquee signs will be single sided. Two of the five schools will have freestanding marquee signs, these signs would require minimal trenching work for the lighted signs.
1. The proposed marquee signs would be locatted within the premises of existing school campuses;
2. The proposed installation of marquee signs would require minor trenching at tow school locations;
3. The proposed project would serve the existing student populations and would not increase student capacities;
4. The area within and surrounding the project sites are not environmentally sensiteive; and
5. The project does not have the potential to trigger any of the exceptions idenfified in CEQA Guidelines section 15300.2.