Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Bunkhouse Steps Repair
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Repair deteriorated steps at the Bunkhouse at Henry W. Coe State Park to preserve and protect the facility.
* Excavate and level 4' x 6' wide x 1' deep area under stairs.
* Replace rotted wood in contact with the ground with pressure treated Douglas fir.
* Repair steps, floor joists and floor boards if there is less than 20 % deterioration with wood filler and replace all other rotted portions with matching wood species, size, dimensions and character.
* Paint to match existing, and
* Dismantle and rebuild portion of the structure siding during work, if necessary.
Repair of existing historic resources, in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for PReserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing HIstoric Buidlings (1998), Weeks and Grimmer.