Research PRoject Microbial Source Tracking and Verification Monitoring in the Santa Barbara Region
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- University of California, Santa Barbara
- Document Title
- Research PRoject Microbial Source Tracking and Verification Monitoring in the Santa Barbara Region
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This is a research project that would gather data and understanding regarding what are the various fecal sources (i.e. human, septage, sewage, bird, dog, and cow) impacting freshwaters, surf zones, and groundwaters in Santa Barbara County, California (CA). Surface water samples and some groundwater samples would be taken during mainly summer months, with some winter time storm sampling. Samples would be analyzed at UCSB in a laboratory, to quantify fecal indicator bacteria, and DNA-based markers of human, bird, and dog fecal material.
- Contact Information
University of California, Santa Barbara
Office of Campus Planning & Design
Santa Barbara, CA 93106
Phone : (805) 893-3796
- Santa Barbara
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project is a research project and will not result in ground disturbance. There will be no sensitive resources impacted by the proposed project.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.