The Project proposes demolition and removal of an existing office building, church building, church reading room, and associated site improvements on a 1.2-acre property located at 3355 and 3303 Via Lido and redevelopment of the property by the construction of 23 new townhouse-style condominiums in five clusters with associated landscaping, drive aisles, and parking. Discretionary applications under consideration by the City of Newport Beach are as follows:
- General Plan Amendment to change the existing land use designation of APN 423-112-02 (3303 Via Lido) from "Private Institutions (PI)" to "Multiple Unit Residential (RM)"
- Coastal Land Use Plan Amendment to change the existing Coastal Land Use Plan designation of APN 423-112-02 (3303 Via Lido) from "Private Institutions (PI-B)" to "Multiple Unit Residential (RM-D)."
- Zoning Code Amendment to rezone APN 423-112-03 (3303 Via Lido) from "PI (Private Institutions)" to "PC (Planned Community District)" and rezone APN 423-112-03 (3355 Via Lido) from "RM (Multi-Unit Residential)" to "PC (Planned Community District)." CA2012-008 also would establish standards for development of the property with 23 townhouse-style condominiums.
- Site Development Review to allow the construction of 23 townhouse-style condominiums.
- Tentative Tract Map to combine the site's existing six parcels into one parcel and establish a 23-unit condominium tract.
General Plan AmendmentSite PlanSubdivisionLocal Coastal Permit
California Department of Parks and RecreationCalifornia Highway PatrolCaltrans, District 12Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 5Department of Toxic Substances ControlDepartment of Water ResourcesRegional Water Quality Control Board, Region 8Resources AgencyResources, Recycling and RecoveryNative American Heritage CommissionCalifornia Coastal Commission