California Flats Solar Project (Amendment No. 3 and Extension to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600 2015 0041-R4).
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Monterey County
- Document Title
- California Flats Solar Project (Amendment No. 3 and Extension to Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600 2015 0041-R4).
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) has executed Amendment No.3 to Streambed Alteration Agreement number 1600-2015-0041-R4, issued to California Flats Solar, LLC. The Project includes construction of up to 56 road crossings, one clear-span bridge, up to 23 trench crossings to install underground electrical cables beneath or adjacent to the proposed road crossings, and installation of photovoltaic panel support piles and security perimeter fencing through Cottonwood Creek, Cholame Creek, their unnamed tributaries, and other unnamed streams. Amendment No. 3 includes removing one cable installation project and replacing with a similar project at a location in a different stream; and leaving a water pipeline installed by horizontal directional drilling in place rather than removing after project construction. The Extension extends the expiration date of the Agreement from May 25, 2021 to May 25, 2026.
- Contact Information
CA Department of Fish and Wildlife
1234 E. Shaw Ave.
Fresno, CA 93710
Phone : (559) 243-4593
- Monterey San Luis Obispo
- Other Location Info
- The Project is located at 153 distinct locations within a 2,640-acre larger solar development, which is generally located north of State Route 41, east of Cholame Valley Road, approximately 1.0 mile north of Turkey Flat Road, and approximately 12 miles west of State Route 33 in southeastern Monterey County and northern San Luis Obispo County, California.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Julie A. Vance, CDFW Central Region
- Approving Agency Role
- Responsible Agency
- Approved On
- County Clerk
- Final Environmental Document Available at
- The final environmental impact report prepared for the project is available to the general public at the office location listed above for the Lead Agency.
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
- (5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- Notice of Determination
- 2015-0041_NOD_SCH 2013041031_A PDF 217 K
Disclaimer: The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research (OPR) accepts no responsibility for the content or accessibility of these documents. To obtain an attachment in a different format, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613. For more information, please visit OPR’s Accessibility Site.