DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT: The NewBridge Specific Plan (NSP) will be the primary land use document which stipulates uses, design guidelines and development standards within the 1,095.3± acre project area. The Project requests the following Entitlements:
1. A General Plan Amendment to move the Urban Policy Area (UPA) boundary south and west to include approximately 1,095.3 acres encompassing the NewBridge Specific Plan area which includes:
a. NewBridge North Planning Area (658 acres)
b. NewBridge South Planning Area (132.3 acres)
c. NewBridge West Planning Area (305 acres)
2. A General Plan Amendment to amend the Land Use Diagram to:
a. Change the land use designations from Extensive Industrial (513.3 acres), General Agriculture (20 acre) (411.6 acres), Recreation (65 acres) to Low Density Residential (470.0 acres), Medium Density Residential (42.1 acres), Commercial & Offices (47.9 acres), Mixed Use (13.5 acres), Natural Preserve (294.2 acres), Cemetery, Public & Quasi-Public (5.0 acres), and Recreation (116.0 acres). Note: A portion of the NewBridge West Planning Area on the northwest corner of Jackson Road and Eagles Nest Road (105.6 acres) will retain all existing General Plan Land Use Designations.
b. Remove the Aggregate Resource Areas combining land use designation on the area designated General Agriculture (20 acre) – Aggregate Resource Areas.
3. A General Plan Amendment to change the Bicycle Master Plan to add and amend on- and off-street bikeways as shown in the Bicycle Master Plan Amendment Diagram.
4. Amend the General Plan Transportation Diagram to change:
a. Kiefer Boulevard between Eagles Nest Road to Sunrise Boulevard from developing post-2030 (4-lane arterial) to developing pre-2030 (4-lane arterial), as shown in the Transportation General Plan Amendment Diagram.
b. Sunrise Boulevard between Kiefer Boulevard to Jackson Road from developing post-2030 (thoroughfare) to developing pre-2030 (thoroughfare).
c. Jackson Road between Eagles Nest Road and Sunrise Boulevard from developing post-2030 (thoroughfare) to developing pre-2030 (thoroughfare).
5. A General Plan Amendment to amend the General Plan, including the Land Use Diagram, to include a Mixed Use Diagram Designation.
6. A Community Plan Amendment to amend the Vineyard Community Plan to change the Community Plan designation of the parcels located within the NewBridge Specific Plan area (1,095.3 acres) from Permanent Agriculture (AG-160) (411.6 acres), Permanent Agriculture (AG-80) (105.4 acres), Permanent Agriculture (AG-20) (5.0 acres), Heavy Industrial (313.7 acres), Light Industrial (199.6 acres), and Recreation (60.0 acres) to NewBridge Specific Plan Area (1,095.3 acres).
7. Adoption of the NewBridge Specific Plan for the approximately 1,095.3± acre NewBridge Specific Plan area including a Specific Plan Land Use Diagram, Design Guidelines and Development Standards.
8. Acceptance of an Affordable Housing Strategy for the NewBridge Specific Plan consisting of on-site construction of affordable units and/or dedication of land.
9. Adoption of a Development Agreement(s) for the NewBridge Specific Plan by and between the County of Sacramento and the landowners.
10. Adoption of a Public Facilities Financing Plan for the NewBridge Specific Plan area.
11. Adoption of an Urban Services Plan for the NewBridge Specific Plan Area.
12. Adoption of a Water Supply Master Plan Amendment: Amends the existing Zone 40 Water Supply Master Plan to include provision of water service to the NewBridge Specific Plan Area. Requires Sacramento County Water Agency Board of Directors approval.
13. Approval of a Water Supply Assessment for the NewBridge Specific Plan. Required by the California Water Code to link land use and water supply planning activities. Requires Sacramento County Water Agency Board of Directors approval.
The project will also require the following future actions:
1. Annexation into or creation of a County Service Area (CSA). A subsequent action may be required by the County Board of Supervisors to establish a Benefit Zone, to implement funding and service provision.
2. Annexation into Sacramento Area Sewer District (SASD) and Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District (SRCSD). Requires SASD and SRCSD Board of Directors approval.