Tahoe National Forest, Upper Cottonwood Creek Restoration Planning
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Tahoe National Forest, Upper Cottonwood Creek Restoration Planning
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is planning the design and implementation of the upper Cottonwood Creek OHV crossing on the Bear Valley OHV Loop Trail. Upon a thorough evaluation of the site, the stream crossing would be rerouted or a crossing would be designed that would eliminate the further degradation of the meadow. Subsequent restoration activities would require either the placement of culverts and trail surfacing to allow proper drainage, or the rerouting of the existing trail at a different location to prevent down cutting of the stream channel. Planning and environmental analysis required by NEPA is the first phase of this restoration project.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation (OHMVR) Div. 1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 324-1574
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Sec. 15378
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project activities described above do not have the potential for causing a significant adverse effect on the environment. A CEQA Exemption Review Form for the project is on the file at the OHMVR Division office listed above.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.