Emergency Power for Wastewater Treatment Plant
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
- Document Title
- Emergency Power for Wastewater Treatment Plant
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Chuckawalla Valley State Prison (CVSP) is provided with domestic water and fire suppression water from its on-site water treatment plant. This plant also provides water service to the adjacent Ironwood State Prison (ISP). CVSP currently has generators that provide standby power to the institution, but they are insufficient to simultaneously power the water treatment plan for a 72-hour period. The purpose of the proposed project is therefore to install enough emergency generator power to ensure that CVSP can power the water treatment plant for the requried 72-hour period in the event of a power outage.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road, Suite B
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 255-3013
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301 - Class 1
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor alterations to an existing facility involving negligible or no expansion of use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.