Issuance of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement NO. 1600-2012-0167-R1, McClellan Mountain Road
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife, Region 1 (CDFW)
- Document Title
- Issuance of Lake or Streambed Alteration Agreement NO. 1600-2012-0167-R1, McClellan Mountain Road
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project includes removal of a failed Humboldt crossing and installation of a new 84-inch permanent culvert at grade. The extensive upstream wetland will be maintained through installation of a riprap retaining wall that is keyed in to the channel bottom and embankments. To stabilize the steep grade change just upstream of the culvert inlet, a roughened channel design (e.g., a boulder cascade) shall be employed to minimize headcutting or downcutting of the stream upstream of the culvert. Downstream of the culvert, large wood and rock will be used to stabilize banks and minimize potential channel headcutting from below. Water will be diverted around the prject work site.
- Contact Information
JoAnn R. Dunn
California Department of Fish and Game
Northern Region 601 Locust Street
Redding, CA 96001
Phone : (707) 441-2076
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15302, Class 2
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will replace a failed Humboldt crossing with a permanent culvert sized to handle the 100-year flood flwo.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.