Lechuza Beach - Public Access Improvements Project - Revised June 2012
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority
- Document Title
- Lechuza Beach - Public Access Improvements Project - Revised June 2012
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This is a public works project consisting of upgrades and repairs to two existing staircases at a public beach to improve safety and accessibility, and establishment of four disabled parking spaces, viewing platform, single-stall masonry ADA-compliant restroom, underground wastewater treatment, and leachfield. One existing staircase and overlook would be reconstructed at the beach terminus of West Sea Level Drive. THe other existing staircase and pathway to be improved (Lot 1) spans the area from the intersection of Bunnie Lane and Broad Beach Road, south to the terminus of East Sea Level Drive, at the beach.
- Contact Information
Mountains Recreation and Conservation Authority
5810 Ramirez Canyon Road
Malibu, CA 90265
Phone : (310) 589-3230 x128
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15301, 2, 3, 4, 11; 15061(b)(3)
- Reasons for Exemption
- No potential for significant effect. Repair, maintenance, or minor alteration of existing structures involving no or negligible expansion of use. Replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities, new construction or conversion of small structures, minor alterations in the condition of land and vegetation which does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees and construction or placement of minor structures accessory to existing facilities, e.g. signs and small parking lots are exempt.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.