Pit 1 Hydroelectric Project, FERC Project No. 2687: 401 Water Quality Certification, Condition 13: Request for Temporary Cesstion of Flusing Flow in 2012
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Pit 1 Hydroelectric Project, FERC Project No. 2687: 401 Water Quality Certification, Condition 13: Request for Temporary Cesstion of Flusing Flow in 2012
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E) operates the Pit 1 Project, Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) No. 2687, for which FERC issued a new operating license on March 19, 2003. The FERC license for the PIT 1 Project includes the State Water Resources Control Board's 401 water quality certification that requires PG&E to release flushing flows from the Pit 1 Forebay Dam to control nuisance aquatic vegetation and mosquito production in Fall River Pond. This Project is for the temporary suspension of flushing flows required under Condition 12 of the Pit 1 Project's water quality certification in order to protect the Shasta crayfish, which was listed as endangered under both the California and Federal Endangered Species Acts in 1988. The Pit 1 Project impounds water to feed the Pit 1 powerhouse, which operates as a peaking plant to help PG&E meet daily load swings. The Pit 1 forebay is a 222-acre impoundment immediately above the 0.7 mile long Fall River Pond.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights P.O. Box 2000
Sacramento, CA 95812-0100
Phone : (916) 445-9989
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Actions by Regulatory Agencies for Protection of Natural Resources.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.