Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources
(California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources)
NOD - Notice of Determination
Present Land Use
Exclusive Agriculture & Intensive Agriculture
Sojitz Energy Venture, Inc (Sojitz) is proposing the Rancho Grande Project, a project to drill eight exploratory oil wells, over a three year period. The surface locations for the proposed wells would be on land owned by the Tejon Ranch Corporation, located 28 miles south of Bakersfield in Kern County, CA.
California Division of Oil, Gas, and Geothermal Resources
Approving Agency Role
Final Environmental Document Available at
801 K Street, MS 18-05, Sacramento CA 95814
(1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
(2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2b) A Mitigated or a Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(2c) An other document type was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
(3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
(4) A mitigation reporting or monitoring plan was adopted for this project
(5) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
(6) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.