U.S. Coast Guard Station Humboldt Bay - Shoreline Protection Project
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- U.S. Coast Guard Station Humboldt Bay - Shoreline Protection Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves placing a rock riprap revetment wall along approximately 510 linear feet of eroding shoreline. The major compoents of the revetment include an outer armor layer of large rock, which provides protection against wave action, and underlying geotextile and filter stone layers, which supports the armor layer and allow water to pass through the structure while preventing underlying materials from being washed out through the armor layer. The revetment will beplaced parallel to the existing shoreline with the south end transitioning to existing stone shore protection and the north end transitioning to the existing shoreline grade. The revetment design includes a toe-trench that will be excavated parallel to the revetment face and backfilled with 2-3 ton toe stones to prohibit scour below the revetment.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2801
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Replacement or Reconstruction.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.