Chadd Creek Culvert, Sediment Removal for Flow Capacity Maintenance
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Santa Rosa
- Document Title
- Chadd Creek Culvert, Sediment Removal for Flow Capacity Maintenance
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Applicant maintains a cast-concrete culvert where Holmes Flat Road crosses Chadd Creek near the intersection with Avenue of the Giants. The upper watershed is in steep terrain that is prone to landslides. Landslide material and debris washes downstream during winter highflow events and significant amounts of sediment are deposited throughout the lower reach of the channel where the stream channel gradient and flow velocities diminish. The channel aggradation causes a significant reduction in flow capacity through the culvert which neccessitates periodic sediment removal to maintain flow capacity during the winter to assure unrestricted access to the residents of Holmes Flat as well as access for emergency services. An area approximately 45-feet long by 16-feet wide will be excavated upstream of the culvert and an area approximately 30-feet long by 16-feet wide will be excavated downstream of the culvert.
- Contact Information
Regional Water Quality Control Board, Region 1 (North Coast), Sa
5550 Skylane Boulevard, Suite A
Santa Rosa, CA 95403
Phone : (707) 576-2801
- Other Location Info
- near Redcrest
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project consists of maintanance of existing facilities involving no expansion of an existing use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.