Air Force Plant 42, Site 5 Installation Restoration Program (IRP), Proposed Plan (PP)/Draft Feasibilility Study (FS)
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- Document Title
- Air Force Plant 42, Site 5 Installation Restoration Program (IRP), Proposed Plan (PP)/Draft Feasibilility Study (FS)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves the approval of a Proposed Plan (PP)/Draft Feasibility Study (FS) by the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) pursuant to authority granted under California Health and Safety Code, Chapter 6.8 as submitted July 1, 2011 by CH2MHill. The PP/FS was prepared in accordance with Health and Safety Code sections 25323.1 and 25356.1 (h). The PP/FS summarizes and evaluated five alternative including the preferred site-specific remedial action alternative for Installation Restoration Program (IRP) Site 5. The remedy selected to address the contamination at at Site 5 is Alternative 2, institutional Controls. Based on the risk assessment, restriction will be to industrial cleanup levels for soil. No residential use development of the land will occur without further DTSC evaluation and management of possible future exposure. These restrictions would also prevent excavation without DTSC approval. Normal surface use of site for industrial workers would not be limited. Alternative 2 meets the Remedial Action Objectives and provides protection of human health and long-term effectiveness of the remedy.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826-3000
Phone : (714) 484-5418
- Los Angeles Los Angeles, City of
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- No Possibility of a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.