Himalayan Blackberry Removal and Native Species Vegetation
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Himalayan Blackberry Removal and Native Species Vegetation
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Remove Himalayan Blackberry plants from approximately 1.25 acres of land and replace non-native invasive species with native species seedings of a local provenance near Lake Britton in McArthur Burney Falls Memorial State Park to regain the native habitat. Work will mechanically remove the Himalayan Blackberry Plants with an archeological monitor present. Work will excavate up to 10 inches deep to plant the seedings, the seedings will be planted with physical protection. Nonnative resprouts will be sprayed with glyphosate in September - December and a 1% glyphosate + .5% Triclopyr in January - August by a qualified applicator. All ground disturbing activities will be monitored by an archeologist.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (530) 538-2208
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of maintenance and minor alteration of existing public facilities involving no expansion of use beyond current levels and minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation that do not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees and is included as a "resources management project" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR S 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.