Plumas Archaeology and Prescribed Fire Signs
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Plumas Archaeology and Prescribed Fire Signs
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Install five archaeology resource protection signs and five prescribed fire information signs in six locations at Plumas Eureka State Park to preserve natural resources and comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and meet requirements in the "California State Parks Accessibility Guidelines". Work will excavate six 12" wide by 18" deep holes; place six 4" x 4" wide redwood posts in cement to install archaeological resources signs north of Jonesville, Eureka Mills, Eureka Lake Dam, Upper Jamison Creek Campground, and Jamison Mine Complex and install prescribed fire signs north of Johnsville, Madera lake parking lot, Upper Jamison Creek Campground and Jamison Mine Complex/Grass Lake Trail. Place two signs on one post at duplicate location areas.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Sierra District Headquarters P.O. Box 266
Tahoma, CA 96142
Phone : (530) 525-3342
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of construction and location of limited numbers of new, small structures; minor public alterations in the condition of land and vegetation which does not involve removal of healthy, mature, scenic trees and constructionn or placement of minor structures accessory to existing facilities; included as "installation of park facilities such as "signs" and "installation of signs" in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities, in accordance with CCR S 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.