Parks and Recreation, Department of
(California Department of Parks and Recreation)
Swayback Garage Stabilization
NOE - Notice of Exemption
Stabilize the historic Swayback Garage at Bodie State Historic Park to proserve a cultural resource. Work will:
* Reinforce with historic bracing boards from the building.
* Reinforce interior of the existing walls with cross plates, corner brace and if needed studs.
* Roughly frame two new trusses inside of structure to support roof and ceiling.
* Secure historic ridge board to new trusses.
*( Soak and soften historic planks on southwest side of roof to straighten out sway and re-attached to roof.
* Re-place historic tin on southwest side of the roof.
Maintenance, repair and stabilization of a historic resource in a manner consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties with Guidelines for Preserving, Rehabilitating, Restoring, and Reconstructing Historic Buildings (1995), Weeks and Grimmer.
The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public.
To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above.
You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.