Water Right Change Petition for the Phase 2 Seaside Groundwater Basin Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) Project
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Document Title
- Water Right Change Petition for the Phase 2 Seaside Groundwater Basin Aquifer Storage and Recovery (ASR) Project
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project is to change water right Permit 20808B of Monterey Peninsula Water Management District (MPWMD) to facilitate the ASR Phase 2 project, a joint project with Cal Am. Up to 2,900 acre-feet of Carmel River winter flow will be diverted, treated to drinking water standards, then groundwater banked in the Seaside Basin via the existing Cal Am water distribution system. Aquifer storage and recovery wells were installed as part of ASR Phase 1. Water will be recovered after the rainy season and pumped into the existing Cal AM distribution system for municipal use.
- Contact Information
State Water Resources Control Board
Division of Water Rights 1001 I Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 341-5363
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project will not increate existing diversions by Cal Am from the Carmel River. Existing diversion facilities include the Cal Am water production, treatment and distribution system for the Monterey Peninsula area, and aquifer storage and recovery wells.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.