Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0187-R1 Grizzly Creek Road Decommissioning and Stream Habitat Improvement Project.
19 Documents in ProjectDownload CSV New Search
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Planning and Research, Office of (Office of Planning and Research)
- Document Title
- Lake and Streambed Alteration Agreement No. 1600-2014-0187-R1 Grizzly Creek Road Decommissioning and Stream Habitat Improvement Project.
- Document Type
- NOD - Notice of Determination
- Document Description
- The Project intends to improve spawning and rearing habitat by reducing coarse/fine sediment delivery and increasing habitat diversity for coho and Chinook salmon, and steelhead trout in a selected section of Grizzly Creek tributary to the Van Duzen River in Humboldt County. The objective of the sediment reduction project is to save approximately 13,403 cubic yards of sediment from delivery by decommissioning approximately 1.47 miles of road; removing 14 stream crossings, removing or stabilizing sediment from 8 landslide sites, and treating 2 springs and 2 hill slope gullies along the alignment. The objective of the stream habitat improvement project is to improve the quality of quantity of salmonid habitat by placing large wood instream to increase pool habitat, provide holding habitat for migrating salmonids, and sort and collect spawning gravel.
Notice of Determination
- Approving Agency
- Approving Agency Role
- Lead Agency
- Approved On
- Final EIR Available Location
- CDFW, 830 S Street, Sacramento, CA 95814-7023 Contact: Karen Carpio Phone: 916-327-8658
- (1) The project will have a significant impact on the environment
- (2a) An Environmental Impact Report was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (2b) A Negative Declaration was prepared for this project pursuant to the provisions of CEQA
- (3) Mitigated measures were made a condition of the approval of the project
- (4) A Statement of Overriding Considerations was adopted for this project
- (5) Findings were made pursuant to the provisions of CEQA