Carlotta Left - Turn Channelization
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Transportation, District 2
- Document Title
- Carlotta Left - Turn Channelization
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Caltrans proposes a turn-channelization on 36 in Humboldt County, from (PM) 5.9/7.6, in the community of Carlotta. The project includes intersection widening from (PM) 6.1 to (PM) 6.3 (Wilder Rd), and construction of gateway features at each end of the community. Work will involve earthwork, a pavement overlay at the intersection, pavement striping, sign installation, utility relocation, tree and vegetation removal, minor drainage modification and right of way acquisition. The gateway features will be constructed at (PM) 5.8/5.9 and (PM) 7.5/7.51 to notify motorists they are entering a residential area. The gateway will consist of a small section of colored shoulder and a "welcome" sign. Gateway work will involve grading the unpaved shoulder area, placement of colored aggregate base and hot mix asphalt, and sign installation. Construction is anticipated to take approximately 35 working days. Lane closures and one-way traffic control will be required.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 2
Office of Environmental Management P.O. Box 496073
Redding, CA 96049-6073
Phone : (530) 225-3308
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project will not result in any significant impacts to the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.