Preliminary Testing (SR) 70 (PM) 19.0
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Transportation, District 2
- Document Title
- Preliminary Testing (SR) 70 (PM) 19.0
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Caltrans will perform preliminary testing to assess geologic condition at the location of highway embankment slip-out on (SR) 70 in Plumas County at (PM) 19.0. The testing entails boring 3-4 holes, approximately 4 inches in diameter, within the paved roadway to a depth of approximately 70 feet. The type of boring will be mud-rotary with steel casings. Geologic monitoring equipment, will be installed within the casings to monitor slop movement over the winter and springs seasons. The type, and quantity of materials, will also be analyzed. The data will be used to design a future slope stabilization project to prevent further damage to the highway at this location. Drilling will be confined to the roadway. No ground disturbance or vegetation clearing will be necessary. Drill cutting will be contained and disposed of at an appropriate facility. An environmental review was conducted consisting of a review of resource records and databases, consultation with local Native American representatives, and field surveys. No historic properties or special status species were identified with the limits of the proposed action. No work will occur in water of the U.S. or adjacent riparian habitat. Naturally occurring asbestos (NOA), is known to be present in serpentine rock at this location. The Caltrans drill crew will adhere to State and Federal regulations regarding the handling and disposal of NOA materials.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 2
Office of Environmental Management P.O. Box 496073
Redding, CA 96049-6073
Phone : (530) 225-3308
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project will not result in any significant impacts to the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.