Grove Trail Rehabilitation and ADA Retrofit
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Grove Trail Rehabilitation and ADA Retrofit
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Upgrade existing trail alignments and features, re-route trails to eliminate existing trail barriers and restore problematic erosion areas at Armstrong Redwoods State Reserve to comply with the current ADA Outdoor Recreational Guidelines, improve redwood forest conditions, and improve the quality of public experience. Work will perform minor grading and place approximately 4400 linear feet of aggregate base rock surfacing on existing trail alignment; remove existing and reroute new trail approximately 2000 LF; remove two existing bridges; construct/reconstruct 6 wood retaining walls; construct 100 ft of log turnpike; construct one, 12 ft. puncheon, 3 benches; replace approximately 12, single post information signs at various locations along the trails; and replace one existing wood bridge with new wood bridge including 18" excavation for new wooden abutments. Additional work at trailheads at the park entrance, Armstrong Tree, and the picnic area will modify parking, install new benches and interpretive signs, and reconfigure split rail barriers.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (707) 865-3131
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Project consists of repair and maintenance of existing public facilities involving negligible expansion of use beyond current levels included as trail or road repairs in the Department of Parks and Recreation's list of exempt activities in accordance with CCR 15300.4.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.