Emergency Permit for Treatment by Detonation, U.S Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- Emergency Permit for Treatment by Detonation, U.S Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Department of Toxic Substance Control has issued an Emergency Permit to U.S Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center, Twentynine Palms (MCAGCC) to treat hazardous waste by open detonation. The items were discovered off-site during a Naval Criminal Investigative Service investigation and brought to MCAGCC for treatment. The items to be treated are military munitions, such as artillery simulators, SMAW simulators, smoke grenades, and blank rounds. The net explosive weight of all the items together is approximately 2.9 pounds. MCAGCC Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) personnel have determined that the items are considered unsafe for shipment or indefinite storage.
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Office of Permitting 8800 Cal Center Drive
Sacramento, CA 95826-3000
Phone : (916) 255-3746
- San Bernardino
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Emergency Project
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Actions necessary to prevent an emergency.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.