Chappie-Shasta OHV Area Restoration Planning
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Chappie-Shasta OHV Area Restoration Planning
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves restoration planning work and would not result in physical changes to the environment. The Western Shasta Resource Conservation District (WSRCD) proposes to develop a plan that would determine restoration needs, including full project designs and any additional environmental analysis, on inventoried roads and trails in the Chappie-Shasta OHV Area in Stasta County. This plan would be a targeted prioritization of an established BLM road inventory in order to identify and develop future restoration projects throughout the Chappie-Shasta OHV Area. Restoration plan development would consist of site visits and field surveys to determine where restoration should occur, what type and how much restoration is needed, developing a proposed action, engaging the public in a collaborative way during the design phase of the project, completing progress reports throughout the life of the grant, and ultimately completing a comprehensive plan that could be used to submit proposals for future restoration projects.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division 1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone : (916) 324-1609
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed activities described above do not have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment. A CEQA Exemption Review Form for the project is on file at the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division office listed above.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.