Ground Operations, Invasive Plant Removal
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Ground Operations, Invasive Plant Removal
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project involves providing funding for non-native invasive plant removal on 40 sites (29 acres) affecting 21 motorized trails (19 miles) located within the Lower Trinity and Mad River Ranger Districts. Removal efforts, to be performed by California Conservation Corps (CCC) hand crews, would be achieved via hand-pulling. Work would take place on all sites in the spring and again in the fall. Removal of invasive plants is to be completed at a minimum distance of 100 feet from either side of the travel way. Of the 40 sites, 32 are occupied by yellow star-thistle or diffuse knapweed, and 8 are occupied by Scotch broom or French broom.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division 1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone : (916) 324-1609
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing facilities operation, repair, maintenance, or minor alteration.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.