California Aqueduct Reach 8C and 8D Water Turnout Structures
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Water Resources (DWR)
- Document Title
- California Aqueduct Reach 8C and 8D Water Turnout Structures
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Tulare Lake Basin Water Storage District (District) will take delivery of up to 30,000 acre-feet of Friant Recirculation Water (Water) under Article 55 of its State Water Supply Contract. The Water is currently stored in San Luis Reservoir on behalf of Lower Tule River Irrigation District, Tulare Irrigation District, and Fresno Irrigation District (Exchange Partners). The Water will be conveyed through the California Aqueduct and delivered to the District in Reaches 8C and 8D. In exchange, a comparable amount of local river supplies will be delivered by District landowners to the Exchange Partners.
- Contact Information
Gwen Knittweis Scholl
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-9593
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Statutory Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Categorical Exemption Section 15301. This District has determined there are no foreseeable environmental impacts since absent the exchange Tulare Lake Basin WSD would deliver its local supplies for use on District lands. The single year delivery/exchange is also exempt from CEQA under Water Code Section 1729. Further, the transfer is categorically exempt under CEQA since it involves only the use and operation of existing facilities (CEQA Guidelines 15301) with no changes in land use.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.