Solar Photovoltaic Project - California Correction Institution Tehachapi
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Corrections and Rehabilitation, Department of (California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation)
- Document Title
- Solar Photovoltaic Project - California Correction Institution Tehachapi
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project consists of construction of a 5 MW solar photovoltaic power generating facility at the California Correctional Institution. Project activities include minor grading and trenching and installation of the solar array. Associated transformers and inverters will be installed on cement pads. Standard construction control measures will be implemented. The project also includes security fencing around the perimeter of the new solar facility which is located on the prison grounds. The energy produced by the new facility will reduce the prison's power grid-based energy purchases. This project will help the State achieve the goal established by the State Legislature, to have one third of the State's electricity come from renewable sources by 2020.
- Contact Information
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation
9838 Old Placerville Road
Sacramento, CA 95827
Phone : (916) 376-5314
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- General Rule The project is exempt pursuant to 14 CCR Section 15061(b)(3). Environmental studies, including biological, cultural and visual resources were conducted. The studies concluded that the project would not result in significant effects to the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.