Lone Pine Native Propagation Center
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Lone Pine Native Propagation Center
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project is to develop and construct a native plant propagation greenhouse at the Lone Pine High School. Plants propagated and/or seed from the plants would be used to restore habitat on planned restoration projects where resources have been damaged by irresponsible or illegal OHV use Youth would work under the direction of a teacher/advisor to assist the BLM Bishop Field Office and the Alabama Hills Stewardship Group (a consortium of local Lone Pine residents and other partners) to implement native plant restoration projects on closed OHV routes and areas that would enhance the ecological and visual resources of the area. Approximately 1 -2 acres would receive broadcast seeding or put planting of seedlings per year after the greenhouse has been installed at the Lone Pine High School.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division 1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone : (916) 324-1609
- Other Location Info
- In and near Lone Pine
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Existing Facilities operation, repair, maintenance, or minor alteration, Restoration Projects Less Than 5 Acres.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.