Monitoring Desert Tortoise-Johnson Valley Area
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Monitoring Desert Tortoise-Johnson Valley Area
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The project continues periodic long-term desert tortoise field monitoring undertaken by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) and the U. S. Geological Survey in Johnson Valley OHV Open Riding Area. The USGS and BLM would also analyze direct and indirect anthropogenic impacts on the types and causes of desert tortoise mortality, based on the time-series data collected over three decades. The analysis examines areas both within and adjacent to popular high-use motorized recreation areas in the western and soutern Mojave Desert.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
1416 Ninth Street P.O. Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
Phone : (916) 985-8521
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Proposed activities described above do not have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.