Friends of Jawbone Education and Safety Support
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Parks and Recreation
- Document Title
- Friends of Jawbone Education and Safety Support
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- This project would develop a smart phone version of the Friends of Jawbone OHV Trail Map. Many mobile smart phones have a GPS chip within the device. An OHV user with this application on their mobile device would see their location directly on the OHV map screen. This project would enhance public safety by providing accurate OHV route information, protect sensitive resources by encouraging on-route travel by OHV users, and sustain the public's existing OHV recreation opportunities through increased compliance with route designations.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division 1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone : (916) 324-1609
- Other Location Info
- Jawbone Canyon/East Kern area
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Proposed activities described above do not have the potential for causing a significant effect on the environment. A CEQA Exemption Review Form for the project is on file at the Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division office listed above.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.