Jawbone - Butterbredt ACEC Restoration
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Parks and Recreation, Department of (California Department of Parks and Recreation)
- Document Title
- Jawbone - Butterbredt ACEC Restoration
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Friends of Jawbone proposes to continue restoration activities on trails in the Southern Jawbone-Butterbredt Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC) and the Rand Mountains Management area (RMMA) and other areas directed by the BLM Ridgecrest Field Office. The scope of restoration in this grant includes Areas of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC), providing large-scale protected habitat for a number of sensitive and listed species. Proposed activities for repair of trails that have had intrusion include the following: ripping a predetermined area of the illegal trail access, fencing and photo monitoring of all restored areas, informational signing and outreach, photo documentation and data collection to assess the efficacy of arid lands restoration in OHV recreation areas, and supporting archeological and biological inventories prior to site restoration. Site restoration would consist of a variety of techniques designed to accelerate natural re-vegetation and improve viable habitat. Active restoration would take place along the initial line-of-sight of the closed trail and discourage future incursions into the restoration area. In areas where trespass has been an ongoing problem, fencing would be incorporated.
- Contact Information
California Department of Parks and Recreation
Off-Highway Motor Vehicle Recreation Division 1725 23rd Street, Suite 200
Sacramento, CA 95816
Phone : (916) 324-1609
- Other Location Info
- Southern Jawbone-Butterbredt Area of Critical Environmental Concern (ACEC) and the Rand Mountains Management area (RMMA).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- Minor Alterations to Land.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.