GAC for MTBE Removal Treatment at Capistrano Desalter
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Public Health (CDPH)
- Document Title
- GAC for MTBE Removal Treatment at Capistrano Desalter
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The California Department of Public Health is a responsible agency for this project. The City of San Juan Capistrano proposes to remove MTBE from the groundwater by adding eight new granular activated carbon (GAC) filters, 10' diameter by 20' in length vessels with a total capacity of 5.3 million gallon per day, to the existing Capistrano Desalter. Associated piping and valves to integrate the GAC vessels will be constructed, and two cartridge filters, asociated piping, and three AC units will be relocated to accommodate the GAC vessels.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
605 W. Santa Ana Blvd. Bldg. #28, Rm 325
Santa Ana, CA 92701
Phone : (949) 493-1171
- San Juan Capistrano
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- 15330 - Class 30
- Reasons for Exemption
- The additiona of eight GAC vessels to the Capistrano Desalter, in order to minimize the release of hazardous waste, will not have a significant effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.