Buckhorn Closure - Geotechnical Studies - Phase 1
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- California Department of Transportation, District 2
- Document Title
- Buckhorn Closure - Geotechnical Studies - Phase 1
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Caltrans proposes to conduct seismic refraction studies from PM 0.75 to 2.5, on (SR) 299 in Shasta County. These geotechnical studies will measure sound waves on geological layers and rock/soil units in order to characterize the subsurface geologic conditions and geologic structure. The work will require brush and duff clearing five feet wide and up to a height of nine feet, laying electric cable and geophones on the ground, and transmitting seismic shock waves through the ground. The seismic shock will be provided by on e of the following methods: a hammer and metal plate; a blank shotgun shell placed down a hole, 2 to 3 feet in depth (2 inches in diameter; or a small amount of anfo explosive placed in a similar hole. These proposed studies are to be conducted in the summer and fall of 2011.
- Contact Information
California Department of Transportation, District 2
Office of Environmental Management P.O. Box 496073
Redding, CA 96049-6073
Phone : (530) 225-3405
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- This project will not result in any significant impact to the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.