Renovation of the Existing Visitor Area at the South Side of the Golden Gate Bridge
- SCH Number
- Public Agency
- Golden Gate Bridge Highway and Transportation District
- Document Title
- Renovation of the Existing Visitor Area at the South Side of the Golden Gate Bridge
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The nature of the project is to renovate and improve the Visitor Area. The project will maintain and enhance existing facilities, improve visitor safety, and provide an enhance visitor experience. The work includes painting the exterior and remodeling the Interior of the Round House, renovating and repaving the existing pedestrian plaza, reconfiguring the existing parking, and placing a temporary visitor center on the plaza. Renovations at the Roundhouse will comply with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards for Rehabilitation. Plans for the Visitor Area have been reviewed by the State Historic Preservation Office.
- Contact Information
John R. Eberie
Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District
Engineering Department 1 Dr. Carlton 8, Goodlett Place
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone : (415) 923-2003
- San Francisco
- Other Location Info
- Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District property east of the Toll Plaza.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The Renovation of the Existing Visitor Area at the South Side of the Golden Gate Bridge Project falls within the categorical exemptions provided under California Code of Regulations, Title 14 S 15302, Replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and/or facilities, with a facility of substantially the same size, purpose and capacity.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.