Agreement Between the Department of Water Resources of the State of California and Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency for Modification
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Water Resources, Department of (California Department of Water Resources)
- Document Title
- Agreement Between the Department of Water Resources of the State of California and Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency for Modification
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- AVEKWA intends to modify an existing temporary agricultural turnout, also known as the 305th Street West Turnout, into a permanent turnout by upgrading, repairing, and replacing existing facilities. The turnout has a design capacity of 27 cubic-feet-per-seconds, which will remain the same after modifications are completed.
- Contact Information
California Department of Water Resources
State Water Project Analysis Office 1416 9th Street
Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone : (916) 653-4547
- Los Angeles
- Other Location Info
- Antelope Valley-East Kern Water Agency (AVEKWA) is a State Water Project (SWP) contractor located in northern Los Angeles County in the Antelope Valley. The SWP includes facilities located throughout the State of California, including existing facilities that allow for delivery of water to AVEKWA. The SWP is owned and operated by the California Department of Water Resources (DWR).
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- a) SWP long-term water supply contracts includes provisions for water deliveries within the SWP place of use, b) The facilities owned and/or operated by AVEKWA and DWR are existing facilities that have not been expanded and, once modified, will serve the same purpose, and c) Replacement and repair of existing facilities will occur on the same site.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.