Cragview Water-Upgrade Filtration and Treatment System
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Public Health, Department of (California Department of Public Health)
- Document Title
- Cragview Water-Upgrade Filtration and Treatment System
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The proposed project includes the following: 1) 3 new 6.5 ft diameter, vertical pressure filters that will replace the existing 5-ft diameter horizontal pressure filter, 2) a new control building at the tank site, 3) an existing 6 inch diameter pipe leading to the tank will be used as a flocculator pipe, 4) an inlet riser pipe will be added and the drain pipe will be modified to serve as the outlet pipe, to increase chlorine contact time, 5) new backwash recycle tank will be added at the existing tank site, 6) 1,1000 feet of 1" PVC will be added from the tank outlet to the first service connection (currently this service connection is near the treatment plant with insufficient chlorine contact time; new piping will bring water back from the storage tank to the connection), and 7) new telemetry cable will be installed between the tank and existing filter site for reliable control linkage.
- Contact Information
California Department of Public Health
1616 Capitol Avenue, MS 7400
Sacramento, CA 95899-7413
Phone : (916) 449-5624
- Other Location Info
- Community of Cragview-immediately south of the City of Dunsmuir and north of the community of Castella.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The project is a replacement of an existing utility system involving negligible or no expansion of capacity.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.