KB Gardena Building LLC Property, Operable Unit 1 Draft Removal Action Plan
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Toxic Substances Control, Department of (Department of Toxic Substances Control)
- Document Title
- KB Gardena Building LLC Property, Operable Unit 1 Draft Removal Action Plan
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Approval of a draft Removal Action Workplan (RAW) by the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) pursuant to Health & Safety Code, chapter 6.8 as submitted on April 14, 2011 by L. Everett & Associates, LLC. The RAW focuses on excavation and off-site removal of contaminated soils, installation and operation of a soil vapor extraction system on mitigate soils impacted with excessive levels of volatile organic compounds identified as chemicals of concern (COCs), and implementation of a land use convenient (LUC) at the KB Gardena Building Operable Unit 1 Site (the Site).
- Contact Information
Department of Toxic Substances Control
Brownfields and Environmental Restoration Program 9211 Oakdale Avenue
Chatsworth, CA 91311
Phone : (818) 717-6552
- Los Angeles
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- General Rule DTSC has determined that the project is a General Rule exemption project (as provided in California Code of Regulations, title 14, section 15061(b)(3) and is, therefore, exempt from the provision of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the Guidelines for the following reasons: 1. The project, with certainty, has no potential for a significant environmental effect. 2. The project will not have a significant effect on the environment due to unusual circumstances. 3. The project will not result in damage to scenic resources, including but not limited to, trees, historic buildings, rock outcroppings, or similar resources, within a highway officially designated as a state scenic highway. 4. The project will not cause a substantial adverse change in the significance of a historical resource. 5. The project will not require onsite use of a hazardous waste incinerator or thermal treatment unit. 6. The project will not require the relocation of residence or businesses. 7. The cumulative impact of successive projects of the same type on the same place, over time, if there are any, will not be significant. 8. The project will be consistent with applicable State and local environmental permitting requirements including, but not limited to offsite disposal and approved by the regulatory body with jurisdiction over the Site.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.