San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Rule 4401 (Steam-Enhanced Crude Oil Production Wells)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Document Title
- San Joaquin Valley Unified Air Pollution Control District Rule Development: Rule 4401 (Steam-Enhanced Crude Oil Production Wells)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- Rule 4401 applies to crude oil production wells where production is enhanced by steam injection. The purpose of this project is to correct the rule deficiency in Section 6.2.4, as cited by EPA, and to clarify existing rule standards. Staff proposes Section 6.2 be amended to remove the following sentence as specified by EPA: "The District evaluation and the APCO request shall be deemed approved unless EPA or ARB objects to such approval in writing within 45 days of the receipt of the APCO request." Staff also proposes that Sections 6.2.1 and 6.2.2 be amended to list specific activities that would not require annual source testing since they are subject to other District rule requirements.
- Contact Information
San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
1990 E. Gettysburg Avenue
Fresno, CA 93726
Phone : (559) 230-6000
- Fresno Kern Kings Madera Merced San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- General Exemption The project is an amendment to existing District Rule 4401. The SJVUAPCD performed an environmental analysis of the reasonably foreseeable methods by which compliance with the amended rule will be achieved. The District concludes that implementation of the proposed amendments would not result in foreseeable changes in existing operating practices impacting environmental resources. Thus, the project would have no possible significant adverse effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at (916) 445-0613.