SJVUAPCD Rule Development: Proposed Rule 2410 (Prevention of Significant Determination)
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Document Title
- SJVUAPCD Rule Development: Proposed Rule 2410 (Prevention of Significant Determination)
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The purpose of proposed Rule 2410 (Prevention of Significant Deterioration) is to administer the Prevention of Significant Deterioration permitting program. The PSD program applies preconstruction review requirements from the federal Clean Air Act to pollutants for which the San Joaquin Valley is in attainment of the federal National Ambient Air Quality Standards. Currently, the Environmental Protection Agency, Region IX, administers the PSD program for major stationary sources in the District by reviewing applications, issuing PSD permits, and performing inspections. The proposed rule is based on existing federal requirements and does not meaningfully change the permitting requirements for major sources subject to PSD.
- Contact Information
San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
1990 E. Gettysburg Avenue
Fresno, CA 93726
Phone : (559) 230-6000
- Fresno Kern Kings Madera Merced San Joaquin
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- General Exemption The project is adoption of proposed Rule 2410 (Prevention of Significant Deterioration). The proposed rule is based on existing federal requirements and does not meaningfully change the permitting requirements for major sources subject to Prevention of Significant Deterioration. The SJVUAPCD performed an environmental analysis of the reasonably foreseeable methods by which compliance with the amended rule will be achieved. The District concludes that implementation of the proposed amendments would not result in foreseeable changes in existing operating practices impacting environmental resources. Thus, the project would have no possible significant adverse effect on the environment.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.