Erosion Repair Along San Diego Pipeline Nos. 4 and 5 within the Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve
- SCH Number
- Lead Agency
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
- Document Title
- Erosion Repair Along San Diego Pipeline Nos. 4 and 5 within the Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve
- Document Type
- NOE - Notice of Exemption
- Document Description
- The Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (Metropolitan) proposes to repair a section of its patrol road along the San Diego Pipeline Nos. 4 and 5 within the Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve. The road, which is maintained by Metropolitan, is used by Metropolitan to access structures along the two pipelines and by Reserve staff to access monitoring equipment and other areas within the Reserve. The patrol road frequently erodes as a result of storm events, becoming impassable and requiring frequent repair. Metropolitan proposes to grade, fill, and install concrete and cement soil along a stretch of the existing patrol road north of the Santa Margarita River that is frequently damaged. Metropolitan will lay concrete along an approximately 340-foot stretch of road and will install cement treated base rock along an approximately 1,200-foot stretch of road. Metropolitan will also lay additional concrete on an already concreted portion of the patrol road to even out the road next to an existing aboveground structure. The project is adjacent to, but outside of the jurisdictional area of the Santa Margarita River.
- Contact Information
Metropolitan Water District of Southern California
P.O. Box 54153
Los Angeles, CA 90054-0153
Phone : (213) 217-7658
- Other Location Info
- Unincorporated Area. Along a portion of the San Diego Pipeline Nos. 4 and 5 patrol road within the Santa Margarita Ecological Reserve, just north of intersection of the patrol road with the Santa Margarita River.
Notice of Exemption
- Exempt Status
- Categorical Exemption
- Type, Section or Code
- Reasons for Exemption
- The proposed project consists of the operation, repair, maintenance, permitting, leasing, licensing, or minor alteration of existing public or private structures, facilities, mechanical equipment, or topographic features, involving negligible or no expansion of use beyond that existing at the time of the lead agency's determination. The proposed project consists of replacement or reconstruction of existing structures and facilities where the new structure will be located on the same site as the structure replaced and will have substantially the same purpose and capacity as the structure replaced.
Disclaimer: The document was originally posted before CEQAnet had the capability to host attachments for the public. To obtain the original attachments for this document, please contact the lead agency at the contact information listed above. You may also contact the OPR via email at email@example.com or via phone at (916) 445-0613.